Non-profit organizations often times need to come up with quick fundraising ideas to get the ball rolling on a longer campaign, or get through a mid-campaign hump. They have to be engaging enough to get people like Troy Van Sickle involved with the event quickly. Here is a list of fun and engaging fundraising ideas that will get people involved and having fun.
- Hold a friendly culinary competition where contestants create their best dish and sell tickets for participants to enjoy the fare and cast their votes.
- Have a community-wide garage sale. Collect gently worn items and host a weekend sale or auction. Place pictures of the items on social media beforehand to help generate some buzz.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Charge a registration fee and provide extra clues and tips for donations.
- Even the smallest donation helps non-profits, so ask fundraisers to give up a daily habit and donate the money saved to your cause. This can be done for a day or longer if needed.
- Host a trivia night and charge an entrance fee for participants and attendees.
- Host a battle of the bands event. Get local bands to help put on a charity concert. Get more people interested in the event by putting local celebrities on the judging panel.
- Host a dance marathon. Charge an entry fee and allow participants to request a song for a nominal fee. Have a small prize up for grabs for the last one standing.